CUSTOMIZED LENDING FOR METAL WORKS ARTISANS AT KOT ABDUL MALIK, LAHORE
The Metal Handicrafts Cluster at Kot Abdul Malik holds a prominent position among other crafts clusters in Punjab. The demand for this kind of Handicrafts is on the increase which is historically an old craft of this region and more than 300 artisans are engaged in this cluster living in and around Lahore &Kot Abdul Malik. A variety of metal handicrafts are produced here ranging from decorative to utility items. PSIC is running an ADP scheme 2012-13 to 2015-16 over here to support the artisans of this cluster. Financial assistance of rupees13 million to Metal Handicrafts Artisans will improve the quality of the Handicrafts and new designs will generate income, access to market, creating more employment opportunities, revival of dying metal craft and social up lift of the artisans.
IMPACT OF PSIC INTERVENTIONS
• Financial assistance to Metal Handicrafts Artisans has improved the quality of the Handicrafts and new designs generate income, access to market, creating more employment opportunities and social up lift of the artisans.
• Employment generation created in and around Kot Abdul Malik, Lahore by promoting Metal Handicrafts.
• Revival of dying Metal crafts like Ganga Jamna, Bidri, Chicken etc.
• Earned revenue for the country through attracting foreign tourist besides positive and bright image of the country in the present atmosphere.
• Provision of better marketing facilities has been helpful to upgrade the living standards of the artisans
• Poverty alleviation.
• Development of authenticated Directory of metalcraft artisans
• Development of fresh catalogue which will attract the people enabling them to have a wide choice for purchase.
• Up-gradation of Cluster
• Skill Development of Artisans by Training Session.